Monday 30 October 2017

Winter canvas by Terri Koszler

Today I am sharing a winter canvas I created using lots of yummy Colourcraft goodies.

As the cold weather and dark nights descend upon us I can't help but get excited for the festive season. I decided to make a home decor piece which will be put on display at Christmas.


I started by cutting a piece of Canvas roll to 8x8" and taping it to my glass cutting mat.


I then used a brayer to add a layer of Pearl Aztec metallic paint. Hopefully you can see the sparkle in the picture below.



I spritzed the canvas with Several Brusho sprays in blues and purples and allowed it to dry. I then applied some Expand-it paste through a stencil and heated it with my heat gun to allow it to expand. I then flicked some silver brusho acrylic spray  onto the surface.


On some white card I sprinkled some Sandstone and purple bruho then sprayed with water. I gave it a blast with the heat gun and then spritzed with charcoal acrylic brusho spray and  silver and turquose  acrylic shimmer sprays. I allowed this to dry naturally and then stamped and heat embossed some Christmas foliage and a poinsettia flower onto the background I created. I then used some coordinating dies to cut them out.



I used a hot glue gun to add the flower and foliage to my canvas which I adhered to a piece of wood. I also cut the words merry Christmas from silver mirror card to add to my canvas.



Here what it looks like when all the pieces were added.


It reminds me of a snowy winter scene. 


I hope you've enjoyed todays project, I'd love to knpw what you think so please leave me a comment below.

Terri






1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous Christmas canvas! I love the colours and all the texture. The Expandit looks such a cool product! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...