Monday 21 August 2017

Boho Bracelets by Terri Koszler


I recently received my second DT package of supplies and it was filled with amazing products that I haven't used before and I couldn't wait to combine some of them in to a project to share with you.

I decided to make some Boho style brackets perfect to wear at festivals.


I started by cutting a piece of Tyvek Heavyweight paper in half 



I coloured one half with Copper Aztec Metallic paint


and the other half with Burnt Sienna Brusho powder and Brusho shimmer sprays in Copper and brusho acrylic spray in charcoal.


I cut the Tvyek into 1" x 4" strips.  I then rolled one piece around a thin piece of metal wire and pinned the end in place.


I used a heat gun to melt the Tyvek, this adds texture to the bead and brings the shimmer to life.


Next I used a piece of Lutradur which I coloured with Charcoal brusho spray and a piece of the coloured Tyvek and rolled them in the same way as the last bead.


Once heated this is what it looked like, I was just experimenting and trying to create different shapes and texture.

I made several beads in varying sizes.


I coloured some string with Charcol brusho spray and then added some copper Aztec Metallic paint, I set this aside to dry.


I threaded the beads onto a piece of jewellery wire which was attached to a t bar/toggle and ring finding.


In the spaces between the beads I added some of the string, I tied it to the wire.


You can add as many or as few as you like.


I had enough beads to create 2 bracelets, I decided not to add the string to this one.


And here's the finished bracelets being modelled by my daughter.  There's a real organic feel to these and that's probably why I like them so much.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today, I'd love to know what you think of my project in the comments below.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is amazing!!! Brilliant idea! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...