Wednesday 2 August 2017

Autumn card by Kate Dachovska

Hi, 

today I have for you  inspiration for autumn cards. You do not need any scrapbook printed papers because you will make your own.  Our blog readers are from all over the world so I decided to make cards with no sentiment. For all my cards I used new dies from Frantic Stamper. 

How to: take heavy weight watercolour paper, wet it, apply different Brushos in autumn colours, dry it - you can use heat tool for it - and that is all you have your coloured paper

Another way is to paint with Brushos mixed with water on palette. I used both techniques.

For my cards I used really many Brushos but you do not need to use so many of them, I love them to use and to mix.

Brusho: orange, gamboge, dark brown, light brown, scarlet, terracota, olive green, moss green, sandstone, yellow ochre, leaf green, ost.red


1. Very elegant card with stitched background, I am so bad in stitching but easy one I can do. Sometimes is great to use something different for your background and stitching is currently very trendy!



2. Here I used coloured paper for background - as you can see over painted paper I made also splatters, I think it is great how to add interest to your paper.



 3. Another elegant card, I like to use my Big shot machine and embossing folders. It is easy way how to make interesting background.



4. When you use dies with tiny lines it is better to use more vibrant colours to colour watercolour paper. Do not use any other kind of paper because wet can ruin it and it can be really damaged and you will waste your creativity. Always use proper paper for watercolouring.



5./ 6.  My last two cards are funny I stamped and coloured different woodland critters, fussy cut them and use them for my cards. For colouring I used watercolour markers - I still need to improve my watercolouring so I am using markers but if you are better than me use also Brusho for colouring!






I hope you like my inspiration and do not hesitate to share with us your creations.

Kate Dachovska


1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous way to make interesting die cuts - they look so elegant against a white background, although I think your second card is my favourite, love the coloured background through the lattice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...