Friday 25 August 2017

Autumn Leaves - Greeting Card by Susanne

Hi everyone!

I'm still on summer holidays, but as it's the end of August it's time for some autumn inspiration! Although I am a little bit sad, that summer will be over soon, I am looking for the smell and the wonderful colours during September and October.

Today I have a step by step card tutorial for you. I will share how I made these lovely autumn leaves.



What you need are some leave dies and maybe any kind of leave stamps. Those doesn't have to match the dies!
I picked the Tim Holtz "Fall Foliage" by Sizzix and the "I Love Leaves" stamps from Rubber Dance.


Cut the leaves from mixed media or watercolour cardstock and pick your favourite Brusho Colours. 
I used: Gamboge, Purple, Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Moos Green and Yellow.
Wet the leaf, sprinkle the pigments on top and spread the colour with a brush until you're happy with the result.


Add some veins to the leaves with Aztec Metallics Gold. Pick the paint up with a sponge and use this to ink up your leave stamps. Stamp by putting each leaf on top of the stamp, that matches best. Finally you can wipe the edges with your inked sponge to add more shimmer to your foliage.




Use embossed cardstock and add some Aztec Metallics Gold Splatters.
I mix the paint half with water to make these droplets. Mount your foliage with 3d foam dots and add a sentiment stamped (or embossed) on vellum.


I hope you like my card!
Have a nice weekend!
xx Susanne.

Supplies:
ColourCraft:



Others:
Sizzix Tim Holtz Fall Foliage
WOW! Embossing Powder Gold
Rubber Dance I Love Leaves
Sizzix Embossingfolder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...