Saturday 26 August 2017

Introduction to Lutradur, Expandit and Sprays by Sarah Allan

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all having a great Saturday... I have had a fabulous time experimenting with Lutradur, Expandit and Acrylic Sprays this morning, they are fabulous to work with and I am looking forward to working with these products more in the future...



I cut Lutradur into small pieces, I cut them small as my intention was to place the finished pieces onto cards

I then applied a layer of Expandit direct onto the lutradur with a paint brush


I then applied heat  to the lutradur with my heat gun until the Expandit  dried and expanded


The texture left on the surface is fantastic, and it is pliable with a rubbery feel


My next step was to give all my pieces a good spray with Brusho Acrylic mist sprays.. 

This piece was sprayed with Lemon, Charcoal and Violet


and this next piece was sprayed with Scarlet and Lemon


I would recommend leaving them to dry naturally if you can but they look equally as vibrant when dried with a heat gun

I then ran them through my die cutting machine to cut out some leaves


and I kept some of the patches intact to use as backgrounds for my cards


I am sure you agree the effect and texture that you get with these products is amazing


I am looking forward to experimenting more with these products, I think there are so many possibilities and future projects that would look great using them


I hope you enjoyed seeing the product Expandit, I know I have really enjoyed working with it today


Have a great weekend everyone!
Sarah x








10 comments:

  1. These are great Sarah, looking forward to trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, it is great to work with, will bring some samples over with me this afternoon :) x

      Delete
  2. Super projects Sarah, I love the effects the Exdanpit gives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which weight of Lutradur did you use Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, it is the 70 Medium weight Lutradur that i used :)

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous projects! I need to add these products to my stash. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, you will not be disappointed :)

      Delete
  5. Great looking project which I must try. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...