Wednesday 4 September 2019

Autumnal Index Cards with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you my latest Altered Index Cards.  I've used lots of Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, SprinkleIt, Metallic Acrylic Paint and Coloured Pencils to create my Index Cards.

Here's my Index Cards;


Here's how I created them;

First of all I created the backgrounds on my Index Cards.  I took four Index Cards and gave them a coat of white gesso before applying Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Burnt Sienna, Olive Green, Yellow Ochre and Orange. I also applied some Copper SprinkleIt for a bit of sparkle.

Next I took some old book pages and my Brusho Crystal Colour Powders and created papers for me to use for my die cut leaves.


Here's a selection of the papers I created;

Here's a selection of the leaves I created, using Funky Foliage Dies;

The next step was to sketch out the faces on my Index Cards;

As you can see I also added some tree shapes to my cards. 

I then added more details using the Koh-I-Noor PolyColour Coloured Pencils.

I then took my die cut leaves and arranged them to give the impression of hair.  I also added some to the base of my trees.


If you look closely you can see I added some Copper Foil to some of my leaves for a little extra shine.

To finish my Index Cards I trimmed off the over hanging leaves and added a boarder of Copper Metallic Acrylic Paint around the edge of the cards. I also added some of the Copper Metallic Paint to the cheeks of the Face in Profile.



I'm really pleased with how these turned out, when I was creating the backgrounds I didn't really know what the next stage would be, but the Brusho Crystal Colour Powders created there own patterns and in those patterns I saw the start of the faces.  I love how unpredictable the Brusho Powders are, you always get a surprise when you use them.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created my Index Cards. I had great fun creating them.
Thanks for visiting with us today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...