Monday 21 January 2019

Quirky Cat - A card wth Brusho's and Aztec Paints

Hello.  Gail here.  Today I am sharing a card of the seasonal variety made using Brusho's and Aztec paints.  I have decided that this year I will be ready for silly season with a sufficient stash of handmade cards to cover my Christmas requirements, so I intend to make a few every month.



I started by sprinkling Cobalt and Turquoise brusho's on a piece of card and spritzing with water.  I let the water pool and dry giving different depths of colour.


Then I roughly sponged Blue Aztec paint onto the card.  It gives a lovely shimmer and adds more depth to the colours.  


I sponged Silver Aztec paint through Stamplorations Swirly Bloom stencil and cut out a panel using a stitch rectangle die.


IO Sassafras With Hat was stamped on a scrap of patterned paper and fussy cut.  I coloured with Koh-i-Noor Intense colours and a waterbrush and added iridescent glitter glue to his hat and scarf


 I painted some card with Silver Aztec paint and cut out the snowflakes using Sizzix dies.  The sentiment is another Stamplorations die and inside I have stamped 'and a Happy New Year'.  Just to cover the whole season.  To finish I added a white mat and a dark blue card base.  

I hope you feel inspired to get out your paints and inks and create today.  Hugz

1 comment:

  1. Love the depth of colour you've achieved! Love the 'quirky' cat too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...