Wednesday 23 January 2019

Heart Brush Pot with Suzi

Good Day All, Today it's my pleasure to share with you my latest creation using lots of gorgeous products from the ColourCraft Store.  I decided I needed a pot to keep my paint brushes and similar tools in, so here's what I made;


The pot is an old stain remover container, which I'd been keeping for a while as I knew it would be perfect for upcycling at some point.  I had lots of fun adding texture to it, and here's how I did it.

To start off with I gave it a coat of white gesso then applied a layer of Tim Holtz Decorative Tissue Paper followed by another coat of white gesso.  Once dry I added some Liquitex Modelling Paste through a Heart stencil and allowed it to dry.


The next step was to add some colour, I chose the Rose Red Acrylic Mist Spray for this project;



I then set about creating some embellishments for my pot, so the first step was to spray some corrugated card with the Rose Red Acrylic Mist Spray.

 Once the card was dry I added some Copper DesignIT Paste (formerly Soft Form Relief Paste) and left it to dry.  Once dry I cut some hearts.


Then it was time to start adding the embellishments to my pot.  I took some cerise twine and wrapped it around the top of the pot, where the lid had screwed on.  I adhered it with a hot glue gun.  I then added some turquoise jute ribbon around the centre of the pot and hot glued on my hearts.

I then decided the hearts needed a little more sparkle, so I added some lovely pink floral gems to the hearts.


The only thing left to do was to fill the pot with some of my brushes.  Here it is along with some of the products I used to decorate it.

I love how this project turned out, lots of colour and texture, and perfect for it's chosen purpose.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I upcycled this container.  It's so easy to do and was lots of fun.

Thanks for visiting with us today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...