Wednesday 17 October 2018

A Wise Owl Card with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a wintery card I've created using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Aztec Metallic and Lustre Paints, along with SprinkleIt Powders and Gloss Gel Medium.

For this card I tried a technique I'd seen on TV the other week.  Here's what I did;
I took a stamp, added it to an acrylic block then inked the stamp with clear embossing ink.  I sprinkled Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Prussian Blue, Ultramarine and OST Blue onto some Deli Paper and then pressed my stamp into it numerous times until the stamp was covered with the powders.


I then spritzed the stamp with water and stamped the image onto some watercolour paper. Once dry I inked my stamp with permanent ink and stamped over the image to add a little more detail.  I did several variations of this until I had an image I liked.  I also spritzed the stamped image on some of them to activate the colour again.

My next step was to star working on my background elements.  I decided to use a piece of blue vellum onto which I'd stencil snowflakes with a paste I'd created with Pearl SprinkleIt Powder and Gloss Gel Medium

Once dried I trimmed my vellum down to the size I wanted, and added some permanent ink to the edges and over some of the snowflakes to add a little contrast and highlight there texture.

I then took a 6 x 6 inch card blank and brayered on some Silver Aztec Metallic Paint, and Aquamarine Aztec Eco Lustre Paint.  Once dry I watered down a little of the Aquamarine paint to create some splatters.

For my final background layer I took a piece of paper I'd mopped up excess Brusho Crystal Colour Powders with trimmed it down to size and stamped on a sentiment in permanent ink.  I edged the paper in permanent ink and added some splatters of the Aquamarine paint.

I then layered my image onto the vellum with a piece of cheesecloth in between for added texture.

I then added all my layers to my card base.  To finish my card I added a wash of the Aquamarine Paint to the background of the stamped image, and added some detail to the owl with Blue and White Pens.

Here's a close up of the finished image;
I love the combination of different textures and sparkle on this card.  It has a wonderful wintery feel to it.  The stamping technique was great fun, and I'm sure I'll try it again, possibly using a less detail stamp.

I hope I've inspired you to have a play with you Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, SprinkleIt Powders and the gorgeous Metallic and Lustre Paints.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...