Saturday 21 July 2018

Shibori Dyeing with Colourcraft Procion Dyes

Hello!
A few weeks ago, I showed you ice dyeing with Colourcraft Procion Dyes- today I want to share with you a different way to dye fabric called Shibori. Shibori is a Japanese method of dyeing fabric- involving manipulating the fabric to form different patterns. Some designs are stitched, but I wanted to show some folding and clamping techniques.



The basic concept is that by folding and clamping your fabrics in different ways, you will get different patterns when you color your fabrics.


My fabric is prepared with the fixer included in the starting kit, and I mixed all my chemicals using the instructions that come with the kit.

Check out the video for more details!


I hope you enjoyed this information and video. This is a great way to make your own fabrics for art quilting or even to do t-shirts and more! 
See you next time.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...