Monday 16 July 2018

Printing on Canvas Shopper Bag with Ewelina


Hey everyone! The heat-wave continues and my crafting mojo has most probably left to the beach as I haven't made it into my studio for at least a week now... it's simply too hot.


But heat or not, life goes on and I do need to crack on with my life, part of which is going shopping - I hate it with a passion!!! Since I am not a fan of purchasing my groceries online, I have to make the dreaded trip to a supermarket every week to stock up on the basics. To make it slightly more pleasant, I take my own colourful bags with me - it also means that I am more environmentally friendly by not buying any of the plastic carriers that supermarkets offer.


Amongst my stash of Canvas Corp black canvas goodies, I found this Canvas Shopper Bag
which was perfect for both - adding some funky colours to it and using for carrying  my fresh veggies from the market.


All I needed to make the first part happen was some Metallic Fabric Paints and a couple of large stencils (I opted for mandala designs as they are pretty in at the moment and look cool with ombre colouring).


To make sure the stencil stayed in place, I used large paper clips to pin it down.


After deciding on the colours I wanted to use (pink, purple, green and blue), I grabbed a sponge dauber and started playing.



Changing the colours as I went, I made sure to use a clean part of the sponge for each new colour to minimise the contamination and keep the colours vibrant.


Then the second mandala - I used the same colours but in different order.


And the third one - again, same colours but different order.


Once my mandalas were all stencilled on and dried, I decided to add a bit more detail using a different stencil and Metallic Gold Fabric Paint. To make it look like it was part of the original design, I overlaid it slightly with the original pattern.


As you can see, the two stencils worked pretty well together.


Now my shopper bag is ready for being filled with some market goodies... but I think I'll wait for the weather to cool down a bit before I brave a visit to the local market.

See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...