Wednesday 11 March 2020

Coordinating scrapbooking papers and embellishments with Karen


I teach lots of workshops and here in France scrapbooking is particularly popular. I am currently working on my new album that I will be teaching for the first time at the end of March and I always like to include different techniques that the participants can apply to other projects. This time I am putting Brusho Crystal Colours at the fore to enable the groups to decorate their own papers and matching embellishments. I had already selected some printed papers (Florilèges Design) and plain cardstock papers so I needed the Brusho colours to coordinate with these. I chose Prussian Blue with a little Emerald Green.
I had already cut some plain white paper to the size I wanted. I sprinkled these with Prussian Blue Brusho Crystals and sprayed on some water then added a little Emerald Green to get the hue that I wanted. I used a paper towel to remove excess water and soften the colours for the background. I am delighted with the result. These papers were used to line the inside covers.


I then used the ColourCraft Tray with its air tight mixing pots to make up some pots of a mix of the two colours in water. I used this with a large round brush (size 9) to add colour to the centre of some white flowers and draw it out along the centre of the petals.

I also added the same colour to the black and white image of this camera. I am very happy with how this album is now coordinated with original papers, matching flowers and on-trend water colouring. I hope you have enjoyed these sneak peeks of the album and that this inspires you to use Brusho colours to coordinate your projects. Above all, I am hoping that the groups like the album as much as I do.

Thanks for visiting
Karen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...