Wednesday 4 March 2020

Be Brave and Bloom Card with Suzi


Good Day All, It's my pleasure to share my latest creation with you all today; I've created a fun card for you all today showcasing Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, Acrylic Wax and Wax Sticks.

Our theme this month is 'Spring or Easter' and I'm celebrating Spring with my project today.  I've used some lovely stamps from Crafty Roo Designs to help create my Spring time scene;

Here's how I created my project;

Firstly I started off by creating my background papers.  I took a sheet of paper and sprinkled on Turquoise Brusho Crystal Colour Powder and sprayed with water, I dabbed off the excess water and left it to dry.  For my second paper I used a Grass Texture Plate along with the Wax Sticks placing my paper over the texture plate and rubbing over with the Wax Stick; I then sprinkled on some Lime Green Brusho Crystal Colour Powder.  Once that was dry I mixed up some Turquoise Brusho Crystal Colour Powder with water and dabbed my paper into it to add a sky at the top.


I trimmed the Turquoise paper down to fit my card blank ( an A4 sheet of white card folded in half) and tore the Green and Turquoise paper on both sides before adhering to the Turquoise paper.


It was then time to start creating my focal point. For this I used the Bulb Stamp and Beauty always Blooms insert stamp from Crafty Roo Designs.  I stamped these onto white card, I stamped two, so I would have a choice once coloured.  I painted the flowers with Brusho Crystal Colours and once dry added a layer of Acrylic Wax over the flowers and a few areas I wanted highlights to show on my bulbs.

 

I then took Turquoise and Lime Green Brusho Crystal Colours and sprinkled them over the Bulbs and activated with water.

I left these to dry and then added a little Pearl SprinkleIT powder to the Blubs.

At this point I decided to add some more stamping to my background papers, using the Be Brave Enough to Bloom stamp set from Crafty Roo Designs


To colour the flowers on the background paper I mixed Orange and Crimson Brusho Crystal Colour Powders with some of the Acrylic Wax to create a paint.  I used Acrylic Wax rather than water as I would be going over areas of Wax and Brusho Crystal Colour Powders already on the paper.  The Wax on the paper would resist the colours I was adding and my flowers would be patchy, by using the Acrylic Wax there is no resistance so I get full coloured flowers. I used a Bamboo Pen to add my coloured Wax to my project.


I added layer of the coloured wax over the flowers on my bulb to strengthen the colours. At this point I decide I wanted to add some green to the stems and leaves, so I mixed up some Leaf Green Brusho Crystal Powder with the Acrylic Wax.

Here's the finished Bulb;

To finish my background I added some dots of the Orange and Crimson Wax into the background to represent flowers in the background.  I added some Leaf Green Wax to the stamped flowers on the stems and leaves, I also added some to the grassline at the bottom of the flowers for extra shading, to blend this I used my finger.
 
I added a little red netting and some staples just for a extra bit of texture, I then added my background to my card blank, and finally I added my Bulb using some foam pads for dimension.


That's my project for this week, I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created it. If you've not got any of the Acrylic Wax then you really should add some to you crafty stash, it's lots of fun to work with, very versatile, and lets you create layers of Brusho colour without the colours blending. 
I had lots of fun creating this project, it's so nice to be welcoming Spring, lovely to see the trees getting their new leaves and flowers starting to bloom.

Thank You for visiting with us today, 
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...