Wednesday 17 April 2019

Brusho Portrait with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you my latest creation using the Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.  I decided to be brave and try creating a Portrait with Brushos.  Here's how my experiment went.

First of all I did a sketch in pencil;
;

I then added my first layer of colour using Sea Green Brushos;

For my second layer of colour I chose Rose Red Brushos;

I then added another layer of Sea Green Brushos;

For the final layer I chose Prussian Blue Brushos;

I decided to add some stamping to the bottom of the page to give the impression of a flower edged top.  I also decided to add some highlights with a white paint pen.  Here's the finished painting;

Here's a close up;

I'm really pleased with how this turned out, there are a few things I would like to change, for example the neck is too wide, and the left eyebrow is a little heavy, but overall I'm pretty pleased.  I have to admit that half way through it I was really unsure as to how it was going to turn out, Watercolours can be quite scary, but it was great fun, and I'm glad I didn't give up half way through and bin it.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how this portrait came together, and I hope you'll have a go yourself.  If you do, make sure you tag ColourCraft on Social Media so we can see what you created.

That's all from me for now
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so cool. Impressed how you layered the colours. Gorgeous result. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...