Wednesday 15 August 2018

Easy layered cards with Brusho crystal colours by Karen

We all like to have a few cards on hand for when needed in a hurry, right? I certainly like to have a few available for any occasion where I can just add whatever text or sentiment is appropriate.


I love using Brusho colours to create colourful papers and focus points for the cards and this week I have used Gamboge, Terracotta and Scarlet on watercolour paper to create a strongly pigmented sheet: I sprinkled the paper randomly with the colours and sprayed them with lots of water to blend the colours and cover the paper.
I also added a lighter sprinkling of colours on a few smaller pieces that I used as layers between the stronger tones.
Once dry, the stronger coloured sheet was splattered with gold paint for extra texture, dimension and colour (and because I love splattering paint?!).


I cut this sheet in to bands and die-cut flowers and sentiments to layer on my cards.

Some parts of the sheet were stamped and hand cut for decoration.

Using a master sheet is an easy way to ensure everything matches! Extra embellishments are optional depending on your taste and what you have available. I doodled with brown and gold pens on the card above and added gold thread to the card below.

I'm happy now knowing that I have a few cards for any occasion ready to use.
If you use brushos on your cards please leave a comment and a link to where we can see your work. I'd love to take a look and leave you a comment if possible.
And don't forget: The Aztec gold paint I used and several other great products are in the overstock promotion this month, ending on 31st August: You'll find the promotions here:  https://www.colourcraftltd.com/specialoffers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...