Monday 5 June 2017

Summer Treasures Box by Ewelina Gryglak

Summer is almost here and I am loving the bright, sunny days.
I wanted to make a little treasure box in which I could hide my summer treasures like shells and little stones I find on my walks.



Bright Brusho colours (Lemon, Yellow and Leaf Green) made the project so much fun to work on. 



Here are my steps:


I painted the whole box with a Tinting Base from DecoArt Media.


Make sure you dry the base thoroughly (you can use a heat gun like I did or leave it to air-dry).


Sprinkle your chosen colours on the top lid of the box.


Spray water so that the colours flow and spill on the sides of the box.


Keep adding colour and water as you see fit.


Make sure you dry the paint in between to create layers of colours and shades.


Prepare white flowers - you will colour them with your chosen Brusho.


Sprinkle the colours on the while flowers - you can sprinkle two colours on one flower to create shades.


Dry thoroughly.


Before starting assembly on the lid, add some orange thread as a base.


Attach the flowers using hot glue.


Add glad cabochons and a flair button to finish.


You can also watch the whole process below:



I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
See you again soon.

Ewelina


4 comments:

  1. Great little altered box project and video Ewelina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little altered box project and video Ewelina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bright colours, and looks so good over the grain of the box.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...