Monday 3 February 2020

Happy New Dog Card with Brusho's and Wax Resist

Hello Colourcraft friends.  Gail here today.  I've made a card today for a friend of mine.  When her old dog died she said she couldn't handle a puppy at her age so she wasn't going to get another dog.  I couldn't see that lasting and I was right.  She decided to adopt an older dog and happy together they are.  So to celebrate new beginnings and new friends I've made her a card.


I used dies to emboss the background then used wax resist and Brusho's to colour it.  I went green because it reminds me of spring, new starts, fresh growth and happy sunny times.


I started by embossing my background panel with this large paw die and filled in some of the smaller spaces with the tiny heart die.  Then I got my Brusho Wax Resist Sticks.  I took the paper off one of the sticks and used the edge to rub over the embossed design.


I sprinkled Sea Green and Leaf Green Brusho's on the card and spritzed with water.


The wax covered paws are left whiter than the background.  


I added he paw panel to a dark green base card.  I stamped Paper Smooches Dog and sentiments using brown ink and coloured the dog with Sandstone Brusho powder in water.  To finish I added a few of the tiny hearts cut from red card.


Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you enjoyed my project.  Don't forget to share your makes using Colourcraft products in the Create with Colourcraft fb group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...