Monday 16 December 2019

Christmas Art Journal becomes an emergency Christmas Card

Hey everyone! Are you ready for Christmas? Are all your cards posted? 
I thought mine were ... until it turned out they weren't ... let me talk you through it...
It started with an art journal...


Here's how the Art Journal page came together:


I started by scribbling a frame and some doodles with a green pen to create the first layer of background design.


Add a layer of texture paste - I like mine to be irregular and grungy.


Choose two Brusho colours you want to use and sprinkle them delicately on the textured area; then lightly spray with water avoiding making puddles. 


For additional effect, water down one of the colours and flick it off a paint brush creating splashes.


Now it's time to create a cluster to become a base of your main feature.
I used strips of various Christmas papers from ABStudio. 


I also cut out various elements from the same papers to use as embellishments which I layered in between the cluster strips.




You can stick te elements under, in between and on top of the cluster - just have fun with it!
You can add some more paint splashes now to make the elements blend nicely not the page.


Top up the finished cluster with your chosen element - I decided to use a reindeer.


TA DAH! My Christmassy Art journal page is ready!



And just as I thought that I will be able to display it nicely in my craft room, it turned out that I needed an additional Christmas card (guess counting is not my strong suit!).
In a moment of genius, I took the page out of the journal, folded in half and... the day was saved!!!


Have a great Christmas!
See you in the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...