Wednesday 4 December 2019

Christmas and Winter gift bags with Karen


For this project, I gathered together some paper bags that I had kept from various purchases plus some that I had purchased and set about repurposing them ready to give Christmas presents in. In addition to giving presents in person, we often need to hand over presents to one person to pass on to other parts of the family we won't get to see in person.  Being able to hand over a bag of wrapped and named presents is an easy way to do this. As well as the bags, I had my Brusho Crystal powders and spray bottle, my Silver Brusho Shimmer spray and Silver Aztec paint

I used the Aztec paint to cover thin pieces of card and left these to dry, ready for die-cutting snowflakes and text.

One bag was sprayed with Silver Brusho spray over some snowflake masks. I also sprayed some white tissue paper.

Some sheets of cardstock was sprayed with water, sprinkled with Brusho Turquoise, Cobalt, Violet and Grey powders and then sprayed with Silver Brusho Shimmer spray to give a lovely sheen over the colours. Once dry, these sheets were cut up to create the panels for the bags. Repurposed bags need to be decorated both sides to cover the store's branding.

Finally, once everything was dry, I layered up the Brusho panels and die cut snowflakes over some thin foam packing sheets. I also added some stamping on some bags and panels. Spare bits of card were cut in to matching tags and added with ribbon.

Making the bags gave me a lovely crafty afternoon whilst getting my Christmas wrapping done and I think I'm further ahead in my Christmas preparations than ever! Oh, and the shimmer tissue paper: That was used to wrap some presents and I used my trimmer to slice up the rest in to shredded paper to give that luxury look to some bags.

Hope this gives you ideas for present-giving at this time of year.
Karen
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...