Wednesday 7 August 2019

Finding your Mojo with Suzi

Good Day All, Today it's my pleasure to share my latest project with you.  I have to admit my crafting mojo has been absent recently, so I had to find a way to give it a jump start, not always the easiest thing to do, but here's how I did it.

Our theme this month is 'Paint, Paint, Paint', so the first thing I did was grab some Eco Acrylic Paints to play with, I chose Turquoise, Magenta, Leaf Green and Cadmium Yellow.  Did you know that the Eco Acrylic Paint are mixable, so you can create some amazing colours I mixed the Leaf Green and Cadmium Yellow to create a lovely Lime Green for my project.

I then took 2 Index Cards and 2 tags that I'd already primed with some White Gesso.  I grabbed my paints and started to add some to my cards using my fingers.





Next I added some stamping using a selection of stamps from my stash.





I then decided I wanted to add some texture to my project, so I took Natural ExpandIt Paste and mixed it with some Turquoise Eco Acrylic Paint, and applied it to my cards with a syringe.  I left it to dry for a little while before heat setting with my heat gun.  I took some Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint and added that to areas on my cards this time with a brush. 






Looking at my cards I decided they needed some more contrast, so I mixed up some Prussian Blue and Payne's Grey Eco Acrylic Paint and used that to add some dark areas to my cards. I also added more Gold Metallic Paint.





To embellish my cards I added some coloured jute ribbon, staples and gems.  Here's my finished cards;





Creating these cards really did give my mojo a kick start, just playing with colours and textures was great fun.  I love how well the Eco Acrylic Paints mix together, it's a lot of fun to see what new colours you can create, just doing that really got my mojo going.  I love the mix of Prussian Blue and Payne's Grey and can't wait to see what that looks like with some other colour combinations.

I hope you've enjoyed see how I created these cards and tags.  We'd love to see what you've created using ColourCraft products; Have you joined the Create with ColourCraft Facebook Group yet? It's a great place to share your projects, see what other people are creating and to get hints, tips and news relating to ColourCraft.  Just click the link to join us.

That's all from me for today, Hope your crafting mojo is strong
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...