Friday 29 September 2017

natures stencils with Brusho Mist spray

Good day to you.
Hope you are feeling creative today.

I've been playing around with Brusho Acrylic mist sprays and I have to say I am absolutely in love with them. They are so versatile as they can be used for both paper and fabric art work and so simple to use.

I would like to share a quick easy way to create a unique design using shapes from nature. I enjoy walking out in nature, whether it be in the forest or along the coast and I am always picking up little mementos. Sometimes I like to incorporate these in my artwork and in sketchbooks as a way of documenting my little travels.

This is also great for documenting the seasons with kids, going on a hunt outdoors for fallen leaves or shells or feathers then using them as a stencil to capture a wonderful design.


I went for a short walk in the lovely grounds that surround my studio at Winnington Hall and gathered any items that took my fancy. A good balance of larger and smaller things usually looks best in a design.

Once you are happy with your selection you can spend a few minutes arranging them on your chosen surface. I decided to go for both a paper design and a canvas tote bag.

 

some items may need to be stuck down with a bit of double sided tape, this helps to get a crisper line edge around your items. Or if you don't mind a hazy finish you can leave them to sit as they are.

I opted for a cool colour palette and decided on the Violet, Turquoise and Charcoal mist colours as well as the silver shimmer spray. Start with the lightest colour first then build up to the darkest.
Spray from a range of heights so that you achieve bigger and smaller droplets of colour and decide if you want to cover all of the surface or just spray around your items leaving an interesting edge as I have.

 

Allow to dry naturally. Carefully remove the stencils to reveal your design.


I particularly like how the spray creates a diffused light effect, making the pieces feel more natural and delicate.
This is just the beginning.
There are so many further options to complete your creation. Perhaps drawing into the shapes with a pen, stitching, using fabric paints to colourise certain elements or paint in small details like the images below.



                       

Using other items as stencils like this gift tag which would make a great Christmas card. (you can never start too early!)

Do let us know what you think and share any of your own creations, we really do love to see them.

Have a great day.

I'll be back with another post 13th October :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...