Wednesday 28 November 2018

Wax Resist Canvas with Suzi

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share my latest creation using Brusho Crystal Colours, Wax Resist Crayons and DesignIT Soft Form Relief Paste. I decided to make a Mixed Media Canvas, which I plan on giving my Dad as a Christmas present.  Here's how I created it.

First of all I took a piece of Watercolour Card and a Piece of Cartridge Paper, a Texture Plate and Wax Resist Crayons.  I wasn't sure how well the Texture plate was going to work with the different thickness's of paper.

On the left is the Watercolour Card, and on the right is the Cartridge paper.  I used Brusho Crystal Colour in OST. Blue and Turquoise.

Here is the Cartridge paper with some Sea Green Brusho Crystal Colour added.

Here is the Watercolour Card with some Sea Green Brusho Crystal Colour added.

Next I took a 5 x 7 inch Canvas Board and collaged some of the Cartridge Paper and some piece of old road map. I added some White Gesso and left to dry.

Once dried I added some Shimmering Aquamarine DesignIT Soft Form Relief Paste through a stencil onto the Canvas.

The next step was for me to create my focal points.  I decided to stamps a couple of images onto the Watercolour card that I'd added the wax and Brusho's too.

I used a stamping platform to make sure I got a really good impression on the card.

Next I added some background stamping to my canvas before adding the images that I'd cut out.

To finish my canvas I added a little more background stamping, and inked the edges of the canvas.
Here's a couple of close ups;


I had lots of fun working on this canvas, I love the resist effect you get with the Wax Resist Crayons; and the DesignIT Soft Form Relief Paste is so thick and creamy, and has a lovely shimmer.

I hope you've found my post interesting. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
That's all from me for now
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

1 comment:

  1. love your canvas, great technique and colours, what stamp set did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...