Monday 12 November 2018

Fun Effects with Aztec Paints - Guest Designer Gail

Hello.  My name is Gail aka ionabunny and I am currently at 36,000 feet or there abouts!  Isn't technology wonderful!!!  I am so excited to be guest designing here at the ColourCraft blog.  If you know me then you probably know that I'm usually a CAS kinda gal making cards and smaller things.   So when Clare said that the monthly theme was 'layers' I decided to get out of my comfort zone and take that challenge.

Uploading photos at 36,000 ft is a bust........


Ah, here we go.......  Here's my finished layout


I started with a piece of 12x12" Blackberry Bazzill.  I used Colourcraft Transparent DesignIT paste through a Tando stencil and let it dry.  Then I took blue and pink Aztec Paint and used a piece of tissue to swipe them across the paper.  A few more swipes and dabs and I was happy.  


I used some Rubber Dance stamps and stamped the large linked circles with white acrylic paint and the small bubbles with black acrylic paint.  Remember to wash the paint off your stamps as soon as you are finished or there could be rubber stamp death!!  Then I put some more of the blue Aztec paint on my craft mat and using the edge of my acrylic block I made some vertical and horizontal lines. 


Right, I know she's lying down on the job but this was the easiest way to photograph this without ending up with loads of photo's.  I took a piece of A4 white paper, just your normal printer paper, and I used a few drops of the blue Aztec paint and a credit card (expired!) to spread a thin layer of paint on the paper.  When it had dried I put the paper over a zebra print embossing folder, added a generous amount of the pink paint to one edge of the paper and spread it with the credit card again and wow!  pink and blue zebra print!!   Loved how the paint picked up the texture.  Then I used this stencil to draw around the girl shape, gave her a black shadow and cut her out.  


I cut Sizzix Rare Butterfly and Fanciful Flight from vellum, and then cut two more Rare Butterflies from paper I had coloured with red, turquoise, emerald green, yellow and orange Brusho's.

This was such fun to make.  Hope you like it and feel inspired to try something new today.  Thanks for looking.  Hugz

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you here Gail! Amazing project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing either you are 36000 feet in the air or on the good solid Norwegian ground. Excellent project.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...